Sunday, January 13, 2008

Gypsy's Gotcha Day Story on Story Sunday


It's Gypsy here. I'm going to post a story my mum wrote about how I got to live here. Here it is, as she wrote it for my Catster page.

It's Mum Kaz (or Karen) here: "Gypsy literally appeared at a friend's place one day - he had walked in that night and was sitting in the lounge room when they woke up one day. They had a cat door and her cat was allowed to come and go as he pleased during the night. He must have seen Gypsy looking half-starved and lonely and invited him in. Once Gypsy found somewhere with people to fuss over him and feed him, he didn't plan to leave anytime soon. Margaret (my friend) tried to find his owners around where they lived but didn't have any luck. He was obviously used to being around people, being a very friendly cat, but nobody in her area said that they were missing a friendly orange cat.
She was at the point of taking him to the RSPCA but knew I was thinking about adopting a cat or two. Talk about perfect timing - Gypsy got to move in with me on 10 July 1999, and we've been together ever since. He was named Gypsy (because of his wanderings) when he was at his foster home, so I kept the name. At that stage, they thought he might be a 'she', so hence the 'girly' name. Since moving in with me, Gypsy's been microchipped, registered with the local council and tagged, so there's no way we're going to be separated anytime soon!"
It's Gypsy again: Well there were just the two of us, and we were very happy, until Mum decided that I was ready to learn about sharing. I did point out that I'm a cat and there did pretty well on my own, but she wouldn't listen. So, on 22 January 2005, my little sister Tasha moved in, and my life changed forever.

For more cat blogging try these links:

Friday Ark # 173 at
The Modulator

Weekend Cat Blogging # 136 at
Chey and Gemini's Place

Bad Kitty Cats Festival of Chaos # 27 at
The House of Mostly Black Cats

The Carnival of the Cats # 200 with Samantha and Tigger at
Life From a Cat's Perspective

11 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Gypsy, I am very glad to know your story and very proud to know you~!
You are a very beautiful and special cat~~

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

We enjoyed reading your Gotcha story, Gypsy. We are very happy you found your Forever Home! That is a wonderful photo of you at the top of the post. :)

The Meezers or Billy said...

that was a great story Gypsy!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

You certainly knew how to win them over Gypsy!

Daisy said...

That was an interesting story from you, too, Gypsy! I am glad you have found your forever home so you can stop your wanderings for good. That's a cute photo of you in the grass!

Charlotte said...

I like reading about how other kitties found their furrever home. Tasha is a nice sister, isn't she? Your weather pixie says 11C, is it really that cold in Melbourne right now? I thought it was Hot Hot and Hot there.

Anonymous said...

Aww.. it was meant to be! What a marvelous story. :):)

Anonymous said...

Hi Gypsy, Love your Gotcha Day Story. You were certainly lucky to find a great home. Tasha sounds like a lovely sister. I love your weather pixie giving the current temperature in Melbourne. Very useful if one was travelling to there. Happy hunting Gypsy & Tasha.
Jude A

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Great story Gypsy. When I was caught as a tiny little kitten my foster mom named me Gypsy too but Mom renamed me Laila. But I'll always be Gypsy at heart. We are two very lucky Gypsys!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story. Aren't best buddies better than anything? =^..^=

4 Boys and a Lady said...

Gypsy, we're so in awe of you! You were so smart and just came right in 'cause you knew you needed a forever home. We're so glad you eventually found where you belong. Maggie sympathizes with you about learning how to share. She's still learning!